Its February 15th, so in the theme of Valentine post celebrations... lets talk about Chocolate!
10 Cool facts about Chocolate
1. Chocolate has over 600 flavour compounds as opposed to red wine which has about 200. And you thought wine snobs were oh so fancy, didn't you?
2. Chocolate was consumed as a liquid for 90% of its history. Yes, we're doing it wrong guys.
3. Montezuma II, the Aztec emperor consumed more than 50 cups of chocolate a day. I wonder what his food pyramid looked like.
4. Soldiers were sometimes paid in chocolate during the Revolutionary War. Sounds more fun than dead guys on paper to me.
5. The first chocolate bar was invented in 1847 by Joseph Frye. Now we're deep frying chocolate bars more than 100 years later. Imagine that.
6. Blond Chocolate is a rare variety to its milk, dark and white cousins. Blonds have the most fun. Look it up.
7. Some darker chocolates can have enough caffeine in them to match one bottle of Coke. Now you have even more choices for your caffeine fix.
8. Chocolate Milk was invented in Jamaica. Yes, Jamaica. By an Irishman.....blink blink......
9. Andes Candies were originally Andy's Candies.The named changed because it's kinda awkward to give a girl candy with another guy's name on it on Valentine's Day.
10. The Ivory Coast in Africa itself produces 33% of the world's cocoa. I feel a rendition of "Ebony and Ivory" coming on.
Hope you found these facts as interesting as I did...
Now grab yourself some chocolate!