Sunday, March 8, 2015
What's up guys?
As we told you, this year there will be some improvements. And one of them is a move to new
Our old blogs will still be here on blogger but we are moving over to word press.
So Come on over and join us for our 1st blog post there.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Heeey good looking....what yuh got cooking?
Too much? O well, tee hee.
How was your week so far?
So this is a new segment of the blog that we are going to do at least once a month. Featuring 3 yummy things we enjoyed and think you would too.
So lets get to it:
Ferrero Rocher Gateau... I know right!
Ok so its 2 layers of chocolate cake filled with Nutella buttercream and crushed hazelnut wafers, covered in chocolate buttercream, topped with ganache, toasted hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher Truffles.
We made this for one of our regular clients and I fell in love.
2. Chop Salad from the Grille Restaurant at The Hilton
Sounds simple right? Do not be deceived. This salad was soooo good!
From the crisp lettuce to the rich bacon and the refreshing vinaigrette with light citrus undertones.
But the star of the salad for me was the smoked avocado puree. Let me tell you, that was a bite of creamy, smokey lusciousness!
3. Lemon Meringue Cookies by Presidents ChoiceThese cookies are amazing! They are the perfect mix of melt in your mouth and crisp and crunch. And the little bites of meringue are lovely surprises to your tongue.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
Its February 15th, so in the theme of Valentine post celebrations... lets talk about Chocolate!
10 Cool facts about Chocolate
1. Chocolate has over 600 flavour compounds as opposed to red wine which has about 200. And you thought wine snobs were oh so fancy, didn't you?
2. Chocolate was consumed as a liquid for 90% of its history. Yes, we're doing it wrong guys.
3. Montezuma II, the Aztec emperor consumed more than 50 cups of chocolate a day. I wonder what his food pyramid looked like.
4. Soldiers were sometimes paid in chocolate during the Revolutionary War. Sounds more fun than dead guys on paper to me.
5. The first chocolate bar was invented in 1847 by Joseph Frye. Now we're deep frying chocolate bars more than 100 years later. Imagine that.
6. Blond Chocolate is a rare variety to its milk, dark and white cousins. Blonds have the most fun. Look it up.
7. Some darker chocolates can have enough caffeine in them to match one bottle of Coke. Now you have even more choices for your caffeine fix.
8. Chocolate Milk was invented in Jamaica. Yes, Jamaica. By an Irishman.....blink blink......
9. Andes Candies were originally Andy's Candies.The named changed because it's kinda awkward to give a girl candy with another guy's name on it on Valentine's Day.
10. The Ivory Coast in Africa itself produces 33% of the world's cocoa. I feel a rendition of "Ebony and Ivory" coming on.
Hope you found these facts as interesting as I did...
Now grab yourself some chocolate!