Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Gift and Mini Cupcakes

Easter Greetings Everyone!

Exactly a week ago today, our mini cupcake arrived. He is a bundle of squirms and smirks; our little Easter gift. To celebrate, I decided to make some cute mini coconut cupcakes. This was perfect since my little cousin's birthday was the day after our little one's birth, so it could be one big celebration!


Here are the minis; naked and cooling. 

To top them, I made a green coconut buttercream. 


On top of the buttercream I sprinkled some colored, sweetened coconut and these adorable, tiny chocolate bunnies.



The bunnies are by Russell Stover and are called "Iddy Biddy Bunnies". To color the coconut, place the coconut in a sandwich or Ziploc bag. Add a few drops of the green dye and shake the bag until the color is evenly distributed.


Look how cute!


Here they are! They totally remind me of the spring I spent in Germany. It is hard to appreciate spring here in the tropics, as we don't experience winter.
After the cold winter it was nice to see the little bunnies hop around the parks and the bright colored tulips pop up everywhere.


Here is a quick recipe for the buttercream I used.

Coconut Buttercream

2 cups icing (confectioner's) sugar
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 tsp coconut extract
2-3 tbsp coconut milk
3 drops green food coloring (optional)

Method:
Cream the butter and icing sugar together, add the coconut milk a tbsp at a time checking the consistency.To ensure it is creamy but pipe-able. Add the extract and color and mix until combined.


I hope you had a lovely Easter.
Have a delicious week.
Love Jo






1 comment:

  1. Simple edible beauty? More like simple edible bunnies. I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

    ReplyDelete