Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Recap and an Extra



Heya!

I'm back, with my tea. I know V'day was ages ago but I promised a recap so here it is. One thing I noticed this year, more than before was all the anti-valentine people. Their premise being that love should be shown everyday, which I completely agree with. However, is not Valentine's Day a day as well? I don't know but I just think its so sweet that everyone shows extra love all together on one special day. But I may be partial because Ed  and I celebrate ev-er-ee-thang! Life is too short =)


So here are a few pics of the goodies we made for clients for V'day:


This package has: Raspberry Brownies, Chocolate cake truffles, Chocolate covered Strawberries
and Cupcakes


Here is a cupcake assortment (Red Velvet and Strawberry Swirl) 


And some dipped Strawberries waiting to be drizzled


Look at the yumminess!  Now for the extra: 


For you guys who are apparently showing love all year long .. hopeless romantics unite! 
One thing Ed and I like to do to show love to each other is to surprise each other with breakfast in bed. One of my fav things to make is homemade pancakes. Dude! It is so crazy how many people use box mix. Pancakes are super easy! I promise you this recipe takes the same if not less time to make and is super delicious. And no weird additives! So here goes, my basic recipe for pancakes.

Pictured is a lemon poppyseed variation with berries and bacon. 


Fluffy Breakfast Pancakes

1cup flour (you can use whole wheat as well)
1tbsp baking powder
1 beaten egg
1tbsp oil
1tbsp brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Method: 
1. In a bowl mix flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. (TIP ALERT - if you want to make your own box mix you can bottle or package this mix in a Tupperware and store and just add the oil, milk and egg when you are ready to cook the pancakes. Just make a little note and attach with the amounts for the other ingredients to be added and put on top. It lasts up to 2 months) 

2. To the mix add the egg, milk and oil and whisk lightly until everything is incorporated. Batter will be slightly lumpy but do not over-mix. 

3. In a lightly greased non-stick pan or griddle cook your pancakes on medium heat. You will know your pancakes are ready to flip when you see bubbles appear around the edges. 

Here are some additions I like to use to change things up: 
- Chocolate chips
-Lemon zest 
-Poppy seeds
- Apple chunks 
- Berries
- Oats
-Toasted Nuts


Hope you all are having a great week and are showing love. Now go make someone's morning delicious! 

Nuff luv!
Jo






No comments:

Post a Comment