Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Cozy Morning Breakfast

Happy New Year! 


I can't believe its already 2014. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!
For our Christmas celebration, we had a little family brunch; rather than a traditional dinner or lunch like we usually do. I decided to take 2 breakfast casseroles. They are super easy and serve a crowd well. As I was thinking about it, these would be great for a weekend breakfast. Especially when the little ones are home. They can be made ahead and refrigerated.

Today I am going to share one of the recipes (the other one I will share in future). It's my recipe for French Toast Casserole.

French Toast Casserole


12 slices of bread (I prefer whole wheat)
5 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 pinch salt
2 tbsp dried cranberries (optional)
3 tbsp butter (softened)

Method:

Cut slices of bread into 4 triangles each.
Grease casserole dish with one tbsp butter.
Arrange slices of bread in dish to cover the base and overlap.
In a bowl mix eggs, spices, milk, sugar and salt.
Pour mixture over the bread and allow to sit to absorb the liquid. (If you are making this the night before at this point you can cover the casserole and refrigerate, just allow to come to room temp before baking).
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Dot with bits of the butter and sprinkle dried cranberries over the top. Bake for 15 mins.

This is so yummy on its own but feel free to serve with maple syrup and crispy bacon!

I hope you guys try this recipe! Have a great week.

Much luv - Jo



1 comment: