Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

An Evening of Fashion ( and FOOD and CAKES)

This week flew like crazy. I think my head is still spinning. It ended with a blast though, which made me totally happy =)

Remember when you where little and you got a new toy? And you were super excited to play with your new shiny toy that still smelled like the store. Well that's how I felt this week. There were really so many firsts for us!

Well first off we catered our first wake. I was a bit apprehensive as it was a family friend who hired us and I always want to be on my toes with family because we all know if anyone is going to tell you as it is its your family. But in the end it went very well. It was a very serene, somber atmosphere, but I was happy I could help so the family could spend time with each other and not worry about food.

Now onto the show! What show? the fashion show that I've been going gaga about. It was Saturday! It was super. I really started preparing from last week because I wanted little details like tags and business cards to be on point. So after all the preparations here is what we had in the end =)
Complete Set upThe Cake
Mini Wedding CakeCupcakesWedding Cake Cookies



DetailsTablescape by Beautiful Blooms-

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Beautiful-Blooms/31162129505


All in all it was a fabulous event! I had a blast. I didn't get a pic of the fashions but I will share when the designer posts her pics. We had a great response, the samples went in a hurry!

And Now ....

Here are my list of firsts:

1.First wedding show: yup this is our first wedding show our 2nd show ever!

2.First time doing Cornelli Lace (curly piping on cake) since college 5yrs ago

3. First ever display cake


Just one more 1st...First pic of me on the blog =)
Thats meee! Chef Jo, not in chef wear but with a cute little baby who stopped by our display!

I know I have to post the pics of our heart healthy dishes. I haven't forgotten. So don't be too mad that they are a little late.

Have a delicious week!

No comments:

Post a Comment